Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I love having people to talk to. Its often very hard to find people who you can truly talk to. I love being in a goup of people and actually getting to be yourself around them. Ask yourself this question: Would you rather have many friends, but have to act like something your not to impress them, or have few friends and be able to have them like you for you? Unfortunately, I often find myself in the first option by putting on masks to try to be friends with everyone. This will sound cheesey, but it was hard to look myself in the mirror because when I did, I didn't know who was looking back at me. I would often forget who I was with each person. Sometimes, I would put on the wrong persona for the wrong person and they would ask me, "Why aren't you acting like yourself?" I wanted to scream, "That's what got me in this postion in the first place!!!" Luckily, I've been narrowing down to the group of people in which I can be myself. I'm not saying that I still don't struggle with that but I'm more aware of my actions. I think this is easy to fall into your Freshman year, because you want to have some sort of reputation in high school. To all of the Freshmen going into high school this year, please don't follow in my footsteps. This can actually make high school harder. Be yourself and believe that eerything will turn out the way God wants it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment