Thursday, July 29, 2010

Islam+Deerborn=Stonger Christian???

God has been coming to me a lot this past week. Every week I have a Bible study, and a topic that constantly gets brought up is that God will try to make you uncomfortable but in those moments, you'll grow closer to God. This was very true during this past week. You see, I was in Deerborn, Michigan which is a mostly Muslim suburb of Detroit. We were learning about Islam and throwing these party-type-thingys for kids in a neighborhood. We had to go door to door and invite people to come. Occasionally, the people would come out and ask us about the things we were handing out. So, there were 2 problems I was facing: 1.I really don't like to talk to people I don't know. 2. A lot of the time, they couldn't speak english. This is where the part about being uncomfortable comes in. I was able to do it and I really was closer to God, just by talking about Him. It was amazing. It's wierd to think about, but I was bought closer to God while learning about Islam. I'll put this on record: This is probably one of the first of many steps in my spiritual journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment